How to Properly Clean All Types of Venetian Blinds
Venetian blinds have acted as a transformatory feature of windows and rooms for centuries now, their classic design that regulates both light and air flow excellently now a staple no supplier of blinds can be without, but one of the design’s most endearing traits is the fact that they are generally easy to maintain with just the right amount of care and attention.
Consequently, in this month’s article we’ll be divulging the cleaning methods you should adopt in order to keep your Venetian blinds in top shape.
What you’ll need:
- A cloth or old rag
- Paper towels
- A feather duster or microfiber cloth
- A pair of cotton gloves
- Polish appropriate to the material your blinds are made of
Regular blind maintenance cleaning
It’s important that you don’t just jump in and start cleaning your blinds all willy-nilly; instead you should follow the step-by-step guide below to ensure that you’re cleaning the blinds adequately enough and also avoiding damaging them.
- Firstly, you’ll need to fully extend your blinds so that you can get in between all of the slats. It pays to have the blinds open at this point so you can thoroughly check the blinds over without any of the slats being covered up by the one above it.
- Inspect the slats to identify any and all spots and stains along the blinds. These are going to be your main targets, though that isn’t to say that you’ll be ignoring the rest of your blinds. Initial efforts to remove the stains should involve rubbing them with paper towels, using a polish if they prove stubborn.
- Then you will need to swivel the slats so that they are all shut and all of one side of the blinds is facing you. Take your feather duster or microfiber cloth and gently dust the blinds off in a downward motion. A vacuum cleaner fitted with the smaller soft brush attachment can also be used in a similar fashion to remove dust, but be careful to avoid being too forceful with your vacuum.
- For a closer, more efficient clean, don a pair of cotton gloves and use them to gently run your fingers along each individual slat – this will serve to gather any remaining dust along the slat and remove it. Moreover, committing to this method will also work to dispel the buildup of any static electricity on the slats which attracts dust particles, thereby ensuring that your blinds stay dust-free for longer.
- Finally, you will need to swivel the slats over so that they are facing in the opposite direction in order to check if the underside has been cleaned thoroughly; if not, do so using the above steps!
Regularly cleaning your blinds in this manner is a sure-fire way to keep your blinds in the best nick for as long as possible.
Boyd’s Blinds supply a fantastic array of high quality blinds, from venetian to perfect fit, throughout Newark, Nottingham and the surrounding areas. We are a family-run business dedicated to taking the hassle out of purchasing blinds, with our offers of free home visits and fittings guaranteed to make the whole process as stress-free as possible. So for a premier service when it comes to purchasing new blinds for your home or business, contact our friendly team today!